September 25, 2008

Last day at home

...and its breaking my heart. Today is my last day at home alone with Zach. I have so treasured the time we've had together- the chance to really get to know our boy- and to nurture and cuddle him as he grows.
I am returning to a job I love, with people I love working with- but I've only been apart from Zach for 9 hours so far in his life, and I hate that our time apart is going to increase exponetially.
On monday Zach begins daycare- I know he'll be safe, and as he gets older that he will enjoy interacting with other kids and adults- but right now all he wants is cuddling.
I am thankful that we have such a happy healthy boy and I keep reminding myself how lucky we are (and that millions of parents have survived and thrived through this change before us:))

1 comment:

Rona said...

I love the comment "don't worry we're parked..."
Oh, you know you're a lawyer when you have to explain something that when other people see might think is illegal... :)