September 4, 2008

Family Renunion & Sabino Canyon

OK, so we've been remiss in not posting for a long time- then it snow balls, so instead of telling you everything thats been happening, I'm starting fresh.
We had a great Labor Day weekend- Justin took off Friday, so we had 4 days together! My extended family on my mom's side all came in to town for a reunion and to celebrate my grandad's 85th birthday! I dont have pics of that yet (please send them to us!) but suffice to say Zach got a LOT of love and cuddling. He was bounced and carried by all his great aunts and uncles and played with by my cousins (not clear what that relationship is to him?) We all had a ton of fun and Zach was totally spoiled.
As part of the weekend fun we went to Sabino Canyon- Zach's first desert outing! Also, embarrasingly, Justin had never been to Sabino Canyon- so this was a first for both of them.
Zach rode in the carrier with his Daddy- we lathered him in sunscreen and put on his little hat. Luckily it was cloudy and pretty cool for the most of the time.
We had to scramble into the tram to get the stroller aboard- but it was great to sit together and Zach really enjoyed the cool breaze on the way back down the canyon.
Ultimately he fell asleep for almost the whole walk- he does love to be carried!
It was wonderful weather and really fun to go out with the whole family- plus its so cute to see Zach new places (even if he doesn't notice the scenery- yes that his little hat covered head in the carrier- I promise).
Zach was showered in love and in gifts- here's a random pic from yesterday of Zach cuddling with one of his tribe of monkeys (what are a group of monkeys called?)

2 comments:

Rona said...

oh my goodness....he's getting so big-- and I just saw him the other week!
fabulous photos... I miss you at work but I'm glad you're getting to spend so much time w/ Zachary

Elizabeth said...

I really don't understand how Justin has never been to Sabino Canyon. Doesn't he work about four steps away from it? How is this possible?

When do you go back to work?