September 17, 2008

Best Birthday Ever!!

Saturday was my 28th birthday- This is the first year in my whole life I haven't had a birthday party (do not judge). Although my really sweet friends at work had a party for three of us september girls- so I did get together with friends. However, no party at our house- but this was still the best birthday I've ever had because of Zach. He is such a small guy, but has so dramatically changed and enhanced our lives.
On Friday night we got together with my parents, brother, and grandad to celebrate at a local italian restaurant (the menu had changed dramatically- sadly no more table-side pesto, but it was still fun and yummy):
Although Zach was quiet for most of the meal- playing with everyone as we passed him around the table, both my parents took turns walking him around the outdoor patio:
After dinner we went back to our house to hang out and open presents:
You'll note that Zach is happy with his daddy- and wearing his first "outfit" - a cute collared onsie and overalls (overalls were a bit big...)Justin made a beautiful *pink* frosted carrot cake!
We then showed everyone Zach's version of baby crack- his floor play mat (he is transfixed by the smiling star that lights up and makes music- he'll lying staring at it for minutes on end, sometimes he really gets going and is smiling and talking to it):
Every year I stop to think about where I am in life- and this year is a wonderful assessment: a husband who is a fun, supportive, and loving life partner, Zach who is sweet, inquisitive, cuddly, adorable, and funny; two cute and personality filled pups, a wonderful family who I am lucky enough to see regularly, a job I find challenging and rewarding; a house that is perfect for our family, and great friends. I feel very blessed. Thank you all for being a part of our lives!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

OF COURSE your brother was there!

I love your grandpa SO MUCH.

You look beautiful. And really happy.

Lindsay said...

Yes, my "uncomfortably close" (like Sam and his sis)brother was there- he's been so sweet and helpful with Zach. We celebrated my birthday early so he could fly to Baltimore and propose to his girlfriend on Saturday- she said yes!!!

Rona said...

Zack is getting so big!!! I know you'll miss being at home with him, but we miss you at work too!