March 30, 2008

Big week!

The last week has been great- and super busy! Last weekend Justin's family came for Easter weekend- and it was the first time Nathan (J's brother) and his girlfriend Anita had been to our house. After tweaking sleeping arrangements (turns out I forgot our study door has a giant window- he he he), we had a great weekend. While here, Justin parents bought a crib and dresser combo that we've been eyeing! It was very generous! Although we had hoped to bring them home and assemble them, that didn't work out...
We also celebrated Easter with my family- and had a lovely dinner outside in perfect weather. That night we also got a call from my friend and co-worker Michelle who's baby was born early Monday morning. We got to visit them on Wednesday- Michelle is so excited, and Tyler is AMAZING! I can't wait for our little one to be here! Tyler pretty much absorbed all my free thoughts this week- he's enchanting.
Final excitement- the furniture Justin's folks bought for us came in early! On Friday night Justin, Alex, and I got and assembled the furniture- it looks GREAT! I'm hoping to post photos later, but its so exciting to have the nursery start to come together.
Oh- one other piece of excitement- I have now felt the baby moving a few times from the outside- so amazing. He's been largely quiet, so Justin hasn't had a chance to feel him yet, but this is such a neat milestone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im so excited for the two of you! This is the BEST time of pregnancy. I actually liked this part. Not quite so exhausted and sick, AND you can feel the baby rolling around. My advice: Tell Justin to be "on call" at night time, when you are finally all cuddled up in bed and comfortable. Baby will be awake without the lulling motion of you moving around and the sound of voices etc. That is the best time for Justin to have a chance to feel him moving around. Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention he will start kicking/hitting hard enough to keep you awake - it is soooo endearing! LOVE IT! Just wait until you actually see him moving around in person and you will say "OHHHHH THAT is what he was doing in there!" Love to you all!