February 24, 2008

The Name Game

So, ever since we got the news that its a boy- I feel the desperate need to name him! (And to decorate his nursery- but Justin is reigning me in on that one for a while longer- too bad he's so sane....)
Many thanks to all of you for the name suggestions so far. Katy has been lovingly placing little sticky notes with boy names on my desk, Detective Barrett helpfully suggests we name the baby after my favorite detective (hummm), my least favorite defense attorney proffered his name as a nice solid baby's name, and even Stephanie's mom is getting in on the act!
We love getting all the suggestions- we need help generating a list of names to pick from!
So far everyone at work is on the naming committee (especially Danielle who suggested "Zachary" which I love), Maggie is on, but unfortunately Alex is off (he sweetly suggested "Cougar"- which, while macho, I dont think you can find pre-printed on pencils), and Justin is teetering on the edge. I know, I know- he's the father! And lately he's been getting much better at suggesting real names (rather than ones like "Juan" which may be nice- but would be fairly odd for two very white parents- or Carlos Pierre- he's very into mix ethnicity).
Such a fun quandry!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least those are better than Optimus Prime; a GREAT friend of the hubbies suggested that one! He's lucky I like him. Oh,... and Lindsay... that is the head Good-Guy Transformer's name, he turns into a semi truck. Probably will want to remember that for little Cougar.

Jennifer said...

The fact that I named my cat "Sunflower" doesn't preclude my membership on the naming committee, does it? :)
What names, other than Zachary, are in the running? I like Taylor or Noah or Kendall [and then the three of you could be JKL :)].
Andy helpfully suggests Javier and Knick (since he likes my JKL idea so much).

Elizabeth said...

LOL!!! Love Juan! Go Justin!

P.S. Have you seen this site? www.swistlebabynames.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Just so long as you don't go the route of my latest delinquent...
"Mystahree."

Rona said...

here are my suggestions:

Mason
Austin
Aaron
Joshua

Of course, if any of Justin's students have any of these names and they bring up bad connotations, the name will never work.